Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Who could this be?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI,

    I'm trying to get dh interested in a Colonial Williamsburg vacation. He thinks our boys' are too young to enjoy/appreciate it. They are 5 1/2 and 2 (just had his birthday yesterday [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] ). DD8 & I are ready to go, esp. after the Felicity movie. [img]wink.gif[/img] We were browsing the W'Burg website and look what we found....

    http://www.history.org/

    Who could that be, I do wonder? I think they are trying to capitalize on the Felicity movie. [img]smile.gif[/img] My dd thought it was a great picture. I know it isn't a movie shot, but I do NOT think the cloak, hair & size of the girl are a coincidence, do you?

    Warmly,

    trvnbrn

    P.S. Darn! I tried the link & it came up w/ marching soldiers! I tried again & the girl's pic came up. Hope it works for you!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lol, I got the same thing, the soldiers. You just have to refresh until you get the girl in the red cloak.

    If they are trying to capitalize on the Felicity movie, it's cool by me! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Queen of AG's's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2005
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha yes that does look suspisciously similar to Shailene [img]tongue.gif[/img] !

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From what I remember of my Williamsburg trip, that for a great deal of activities the boys are too young... Like with all vacations with substance there will be alot of time where they will have to stand still and listen to a tour guide. But there is one activity (we went in the summer so I do not know if all activities happen seasonaly or not) they had brick making... and it consisted of lots of tourist and a guide running around it mud! That would be lots of fun for two boys around those ages (though I'd bring a change of clothes that you wouldn't mind being muddied)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Colonial Williamsburg used to do a lot of tie ins with Felicity. I hope they do it again.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My friend lives in Williamsburg. When I visited her, I bought her a colonial doll with a red cloak, and a little work dress and apron. A board member has her, too--her name is Sarah. This was before I knew anything about Felicity.

    My friend has a 5 year old boy, and a 3 year old girl. I will ask her for any ideas she might have. It might be one of those things where you could "divide and conquer"--dh and the boys doing some stuff while you and dd did some history stuff. . . .

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sure hope they bring back the Felicity tie-ins with Colonial Williamsburg. That would make such a great vacation. (fingers crossed)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooooh, it would be wonderful if Williamsburg started back up the Felicity program! When I went in 1996 it was still in full swing... such a great way to get kids into living history. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    Thanks for the link... adorable photos. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They better bring the Felicity program back! As soon as they do, I'll grab Lissie and jump in the car as fast as I can! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    My mom and I talked to someone who works at Williamsburg this last summer, and she said they cancelled the program because Mattel didn't want to carry it on. I sure hope they bring it back!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •